Israeli warplanes have launched an airstrike on the besieged Gaza Strip, the first such attacks since a truce ended an eight-day Israeli onslaught on the coastal enclave in November.
Hamas Interior Ministry said in a statement that Israeli jets bombarded an open area in northern Gaza late on Tuesday, Reuters reported.
“Occupation planes bombarded an open area in northern Gaza, there were no wounded,” said the statement.
The Israeli military officials have confirmed that there had been a strike in Gaza, but gave no further details.
Over 160 Palestinians, including women and children, were killed and about 1,200 others were injured in the Israeli attacks on Gaza from November 14 to 21.
The violence ended after the Israeli regime and the Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas, agreed to an Egyptian-brokered ceasefire.
The Human Rights Watch condemned the Israeli Army for committing clear violations of the laws of war during the eight-day attacks.
Gaza has been blockaded since 2007, a situation that has caused a decline in the standard of living, unprecedented levels of unemployment and unrelenting poverty.
The Israeli regime denies about 1.7 million people in Gaza their basic rights, including the freedom of movement and the right to decent living, work, health, and education.