An official Lebanese source told the daily that the decision was made soon after the Lebanese government approved a plan to tackle the case of refugees heading to Lebanon from Syria.
“In this manner, Lebanon will be obligated to meet its commitments towards the international community and seriously address this issue,” it added.
“Suleiman will affirm Lebanon’s international commitments and propose that adequate foreign aid be presented to the refugees and that a mechanism be adopted to organize the flow of refugees,” it stated.
The Arab League Ministerial Council is set to meet in Cairo on Sunday to address the refugee situation in Lebanon.
Foreign Minister Adnan Mansour is scheduled to chair the meeting.
Earlier this week, he had sent a memo to Arab League chief Nabil al-Arabi detailing Lebanon’s needs in tackling the refugee file, including a demand for 180 million dollars in aid for them.
He revealed the number of refugees fleeing Syria has exceeded 200,000.
The Lebanese government had repeatedly said that it can no longer support the burden of the refugees.