By Ann Gripper
So yet again next year you will hear how Katrina and the Waves are our last Song Contest winners back in 1997.
Molly Smitten-Downes fared a little better than Bonnie Tyler last year, but it was still nothing to write home about. Particularly not since Ruth Lorenzo from X Factor finished above her representing Spain.
But Austria ended their long wait for a win – which stretched back all the way to 1966.
Bearded lady Conchita Wurst – real name Tom Neuwirth – triumphed with Rise Like a Phoenix with three countries still to announce their votes.
See where your favourite finished:
- Austria: Conchita Wurst, Rise Like a Phoenix – 290 points
- The Netherlands: The Common Linnets, Calm After The Storm – 238 points
- Sweden: Sanna Nielsen, Undo – 218 points
- Armenia: Aram MP3, Not Alone – 174 points
- Hungary: Andras Kallay-Saunders, Running – 143 points
- Ukraine: Mariya Yaremchuk, Tick – Tock – 113 points
- Russia: Tolmachevy Sisters, Shine – 89 points
- Norway: Carl Espen, Silent Storm – 88 points
- Denmark: Basim, Cliche Love Song – 74 points
- Spain: Ruth Lorenzo, Dancing In the Rain – 74 points
- Finland: Softengine, Something Better – 72 points
- Romania: Paula Seling & OVI, Miracle – 72 points
- Switzerland: Sebalter, Hunter Of Stars – 64 points
- Poland: Donatan & Cleo, My Slowianie – We Are Slavic – 62 points
- Iceland: Pollaponk, No Prejudice – 58 points
- Belarus: Teo, Cheesecake – 43 points
- United Kingdom: Molly Smitten-Downes, Children of the Universe – 40 points
- Germany: Elaiza, Is it Right – 39 points
- Montenegro: Sergej Cetkovic, Moj Svijet – 37 points
- Greece: Freaky Fortune feat. RiskyKidd, Rise Up – 35 points
- Italy: Emma, La Mia Citta – 33 points
- Azerbaijan: Dilara Kazimova, Start a Fire – 33 points
- Malta: Firelight, Coming Home – 32 points
- San Marino: Valentina Monetta, Maybe (Forse) – 14 points
- Slovenia: Tinkara Kovac – 9 points
- France: TWIN TWIN, Moustache – 2 points