Donetsk self-defense forces agree to ceasefire until 0700 GMT Friday

0
171

The leader of self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic in eastern Ukraine agreed to a ceasefire in the region until 10 a.m. local time on Friday. He stressed that the self-defense force’s ceasefire will come only as a reciprocal move.

“The duration of the ceasefire is the same as announced previously – before 10 a.m. on June 27. During this period monitoring by Russian and OSCE representatives will be organized. We hope that during ceasefire from both sides we will be able to reach an agreement and start consultations on the process of peaceful settlement of the conflict,” Aleksandr Boroday, prime minister of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic said live on Rossiya 24 TV.

Earlier Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko announced his plan to deescalate the conflict, announcing a unilateral ceasefire from June 20 until June 27, the day Kiev plans to sign the EU Association agreement.

Read more:Poroshenko warns of ‘detailed Plan B’ if Ukraine ceasefire fails

The news on mutual ceasefire has been confirmed by former Ukrainian president Leonid Kuchma. “We agreed on bilateral ceasefire lasting until 10 a.m. on June 27,” said Kuchma after taking part in talks on the conflict’s settlement in Donetsk on June 23.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here