YOU become more and more unsettled when your partner shows prolonged signs of stress. Does he want out of the relationship? Invariably you may know the answer, but you are so infatuated that you ignore his behaviour and keep hanging on.
Counsellor Violet Brown says there are verbal and non-verbal signs that your man has no interest in continuing a relationship with you. These include:
- Unexplained changes in his schedule. For example, he usually gets home between 5:00 and 6:00 pm, but you notice that he starts coming home much later than usual. And there are nights when he doesn’t come home at all.
- Whenever you try to talk about the change in his behaviour, he gives you the cold shoulder.
- There is a marked difference in how he communicates with you. He answers you aggressively or in an insulting manner.
- He eats out more often, even when you have delicious meals ready and waiting at home.
- Everything you do upsets him, although that did not happen in the past.
- He doesn’t want to go out with you anymore.
- Sexual activity has tapered off significantly.
- He contributes less to the welfare of the children. All responsibilities are left on you.
- He goes out of his way to pick a fight with you.
- He no longer confides in you.
— Falon Folkes