Japan’s Naomi Osaka retained the world number one spot.
Petra Kvitova moved back into the top three of the WTA rankings on Monday after reaching the final of the Dubai Championships, while Naomi Osaka retained the world number one spot. Czech Republic’s Kvitova, who was ranked second after last month’s Australian Open final defeat by Osaka, reached her third final of the year before losing to Belinda Bencic on Saturday. Japan’s Osaka remains at the rankings summit despite her shock exit to Kristina Mladenovic in her first match since winning in Melbourne.
The 21-year-old Bencic climbed 22 places to 23rd after claiming her first title since Toronto in 2015.
WTA top 20
- Naomi Osaka (JPN) 6,871 pts
- Simona Halep (ROM) 5,727
- Petra Kvitova (CZE) 5,605 (+1)
- Sloane Stephens (USA) 5,307 (-1)
- Karolina Pliskova (CZE) 5,145
- Elina Svitolina (UKR) 4,900
- Kiki Bertens (NED) 4,885 (+1)
- Angelique Kerber (GER) 4,880 (-1)
- Aryna Sabalenka (BLR) 3,565
- Serena Williams (USA) 3,406
- Anastasija Sevastova (LAT) 3,325
- Ashleigh Barty (AUS) 3,285
- Caroline Wozniacki (DEN) 3,117 (+1)
- Darya Kasatkina (RUS) 2,985 (-1)
- Julia Goerges (GER) 2,780
- Elise Mertens (BEL) 2,745
- Madison Keys (USA) 2,726
- Wang Qiang (CHN) 2,580
- Caroline Garcia (FRA) 2,460 (+1)
- Garbine Muguruza (ESP) 2,430 (-1)