“The attack, which targeted a center in Tajura district near Tripoli where irregular migrantstook refuge and caused the death of tens of innocent people, is a crime against humanity,” Hami Aksoy, spokesman for the Foreign Ministry, said in a written statement.
“An international investigation must be launched immediately to identify the offenders,” Aksoy added, calling for immediate action of the international community.
Unayyis warned the death toll could increase as there were scores of injured.
“These detentions revealed that the groups linked to militia leader Haftar, which has thrown Libya into crisis since May 2014 and has closed all the doors for a political solution since 2016, can be as radical as terrorists,” Emrullah İşler told Anadolu Agency.
İşler’s remarks came a day after the sailors were released on June 1.
Turkish citizens returned to the ship and continue to work at their own will.
Libya has remained beset by turmoil since 2011 when a bloody NATO-backed uprising led to the ouster and death of long-serving President Muammar Gaddafi after more than four decades in power.
Since then, Libya‘s stark political divisions have yielded two rival seats of power — one in Tobruk and another in Tripoli — and a host of heavily armed militia groups.
Hurriyet Daily News