Seven confirmed coronavirus cases in Lebanon

0
78

The Ministry of Health urged all people arriving from countries with coronavirus outbreak to completely adhere to home quarantine and in the case of any symptoms showing, to call the following number: +961 76 592699.

by Perla Kantarjian -Source: Annahar

A sign on the elevator in Arabic that reads “The elevator is specialized for patients of isolation” at Rafik Hariri University Hospital in Beirut, Lebanon, Saturday, Feb. 22, 2020. (AP Photo).

BEIRUT: Three new confirmed Coronavirus cases in Lebanon have emerged, increasing the number of COVID-19 patients at the Rafic Hariri University Hospital to a total of seven.

The Ministry of Health confirmed the number on Saturday and said that the new cases are people who were in contact with the previously reported cases.

According to recent RHUH statements, the three new cases were admitted to the quarantine section for treatment, the first being the wife of the coronavirus patient of Iranian nationality, and the other two being the son and friend of the coronavirus patient of Syrian nationality.

The very first two cases infected with the coronavirus have a stable health condition and are in the isolation unit receiving the necessary treatment, RUHH said.

However, the patient of Iranian nationality, an elderly who suffers from chronic diseases, is unstable and currently receiving the required treatment.

In its daily report, the RHUH also announced that it had received 33 cases in the emergency unit during the past 24 hours, all of whom were subjected to the necessary medical tests, and of whom 16 had to be admitted to the quarantine section, while the rest were to be placed under home quarantine based on the assessment of the supervising doctor.

It also revealed that the 17 cases that were previously held in quarantine were released today and were advised to remain under home quarantine after receiving all the necessary instructions and means of protection in accordance with the World Health Organization, and after they were tested twice for the coronavirus and the result was negative in both times.

According to the report, there are currently 33 cases present in the RHUH quarantine section whose laboratory test results came out negative.

The Ministry of Health urged all people arriving from countries with coronavirus outbreak to completely adhere to home quarantine and in the case of any symptoms showing, to call the following number: +961 76 592699.

Also, Qatar reported Saturday its first coronavirus case, marking it the latest Middle Eastern country to be dealing with the outbreak.

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here