Artsakh armed forces repel Azerbaijani attack

0
67

YEREVAN, October 12. /ARKA/. In violation of the ceasefire agreement that entered into force at 12 pm on October 10, Azerbaijani troops made an attempt today to attack the position of the defense army of Nagorno-Karabakh in the south direction, the press service of the Artsakh Defense Ministry reported.

It said the Azerbaijani troops were stopped and thrown back by Nagorno-Karabakh army’s units, who, destroyed also two armored vehicles and inflicted heavy damage in manpower.

On September 27th the Azerbaijani military launched a large-scale offensive against the Republic of Artsakh (Nagorno-Karabakh) using missiles, artillery and suicide drones against civilian populations in Artsakh’s capital Stepanakert as well as other civilian populations in and around Artsakh, as well as against certain areas of the Republic of Armenia’s town of Vardenis, causing death and injury to dozens of civilians.

According to official Armenian sources, some 4,719 Azerbaijani soldiers have been killed in the heavy fighting since September 27 and more than 5,000 have been wounded. Armenian troops have destroyed 512 tanks and armored vehicles, 4 MLRS Smerch and Uragan, 4 MLRS TOS-1A, 145 UAVs, 16 helicopters and 17 aircraft.

According to the defense ministries of Armenia and Artsakh, more than 402 Armenian servicemen have been killed and several hundred have been wounded. As a result of war crimes committed by Azerbaijan, 21 civilians have been killed and over 100 wounded.

The ceasefire agreement entered into force at 12 pm October 10 after being approved by Armenian and Azerbaijani foreign ministers in 10-hour talks sponsored by Russian foreign minister Sergey Lavrov, who said the ceasefire had been agreed on humanitarian grounds.

The International Committee of the Red Cross said it was ready to facilitate the handover of bodies of those killed in action and the simultaneous release of detainees.

Lavrov said also that Armenia and Azerbaijan had also agreed to enter into ‘substantive’ peace talks under the auspices of the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe’s (OSCE) Minsk Group, co-chaired by France, Russia and the United States.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here