According to the Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD),137 victims are still under treatment, while 898 more have been discharged from hospitals.
A total of 1,621 aftershocks- 44 of them with a magnitude higher than 4.0- have been recorded since Oct. 30’s 6.6-magnitude quake rattled Izmir,
Turkey’s third-largest city that is home to more than 4.3 million, the agency said.
So far, 107 people have been pulled from the debris as search and rescue activities continue.
Some 12 people who were injured are in ICU, with five in serious condition, according to Health Minister Fahrettin Koca.
Koca also reiterated his earlier warning that the conditions in İzmir provide a suitable ground for COVID-19 to spread, urging caution.
Meanwhile, a magnitude 4.0 earthquake jolted Turkey’s Aegean region early on Nov. 4.
The Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD) said the latest quake occurred at 05.24 a.m. local time (0224 GMT) at a depth of 8 kilometers (5 miles).
Hurriyet Daily News