Lance Stroll and Sergio Perez will line up for Racing Point F1 Team in 2019
Sergio Perez will be joined at Racing Point F1 Team by Lance Stroll for the 2019 season
Force India will officially be known as the Racing Point Formula 1 Team from next season.
After going into administration in August Force India were taken over by a consortium backed by Canadian billionaire businessman Lawrence Stroll.
The team were known as Racing Point Force India for the remainder of the 2018 campaign but F1.com reports that the FIA has confirmed the rebrand to Racing Point.
Last week Lawrence Stroll’s son Lance made his long-awaited move from Williams to Racing Point. The 20-year-old will line up on the 2019 grid alongside teammate Sergio Perez of Mexico.
With the drivers and brand now in place Lawrence Stroll has given the team a target of breaking into the top three of the F1 championship standings, PlanetF1.com reports.
Speaking in Brazil last month Stroll said: “With the right funding, the right leadership, the right motivation, there’s no reason we shouldn’t have high expectations. [We should] be able to punch even higher above our weight, to hopefully be fighting for that third place.”
2019 F1 team names, drivers and numbers
With Lance Stroll moving to Racing Point the 2019 F1 driver grid was confirmed last week.
Racing Point’s name change is not the only one for next season. F1.com reports that Ferrari will officially be known as Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow while Haas will be known as Rich Energy Haas F1 Team.
The driver numbers for next season have also been confirmed except for Toro Rosso’s Alexander Albon.
- Mercedes-AMG Petronas Motorsport: #44 Lewis Hamilton and #77 Valtteri Bottas
- Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow: #5 Sebastian Vettel and #16 Charles Leclerc
- Aston Martin Red Bull Racing: #10 Pierre Gasly and #33 Max Verstappen
- Renault F1 Team: #3 Daniel Ricciardo and #27 Nico Hulkenberg
- Rich Energy Haas F1 Team: #8 Romain Grosjean and #20 Kevin Magnussen
- McLaren F1 Team: #4 Lando Norris and #55 Carlos Sainz
- Racing Point F1 Team: #11 Sergio Perez and #18 Lance Stroll
- Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team: #7 Kimi Raikkonen and #99 Antonio Giovinazzi
- Red Bull Toro Rosso Honda: #26 Daniil Kvyat and #TBC Alexander Albon
- Williams Racing: #88 Robert Kubica and #63 George Russell