YEREVAN, March 13. /ARKA/. Armenia’s Ministry of Health denied media reports claiming that a 15 year-old boy tested positive for coronavirus. According to these reports, the 15 year-old boy was diagnosed with coronavirus at Surb Astvatsamayr hospital.
“We officially declare that no children in Armenia were diagnosed with coronavirus,” the ministry said in a statement on Facebook.
On March 12 Armenian authorities confirmed two more coronavirus cases, with the total number of patients in the country thus rising to six. Both patients had been taken to an infectious diseases hospital in Yerevan.
Health Minister Arsen Torosyan said the two persons had been in close contact with the coronavirus patient from Etchmiadzin, who had arrived from Italy and had been isolated on March 11 evening. They had fever and later tested positive for coronavirus. At this moment, they feel well, he said.
Three coronavirus patients identified in Armenia on March 11 had come from Italy – two of them are citizens of Armenia and one is an Italian working in Armenia. The first coronavirus patient identified in Armenia on March 1 was an Armenian citizen evacuated from Iran. At this moment, 88 citizens are isolated in Armenia.