Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskiy and UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres pose for a picture before a meeting, amid Russia’s attack on Ukraine, in Lviv, Ukraine August 18, 2022. Ukrainian Presidential Press Service/Handout via REUTERS
- N. chief met Zelenskiy, Turkey’s Erdogan in Lviv
- Turkish leader said discussed ways to end conflict
- Russian ‘nuclear blackmail’ could cause disaster -Zelenskiy
- Moscow rejects calls for demilitarised zone around plant
- Both sides accuse each other of planning ‘provocation’ at site
Disconnecting the complex’s generators from Ukraine’s power system would prevent them being used to keep nuclear fuel cool in the event of a power outage at the plant, it said.
TALKS ON ENDING CONFLICT